A new embroidery and screen printing business has moved to downtown Tucson.
Direct Embroidery leased 1,203 square feet from 3601 E. 44th St. and is open for business.
Max Fisher and Rob Glaser, along with Picor, negotiated the lease on behalf of the landlord and landlord, Presson Corp.
Open for about two months, owner Carmen Gallego decided to start her own business after working for an embroidery workshop for three years.
“I was working at least 65 hours a week, so I figured I might as well work for myself,” she said.
In addition to custom embroidery work, the company does screen printing and vinyl.
Anyone interested in how the business works is welcome, said Gallego.
“I like to show people what I do,” she said. “No appointment is necessary.”
The store’s opening hours are Monday to Thursday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Friday 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Other recent business transactions include:
- CRE Strategic Investments LLC purchased a 25,000 square foot property at 3662-3692 S. 16th Ave. from SAFCO Capital for $ 2.4 million. Craig Finfrock of Commercial Retail Advisors LLC represented the seller.
- Flores Concepts, doing business as CharroVida, leased 3,743 square feet at the Casas Adobes Plaza shopping center on the southwest corner of Oracle and Ina routes. Paul Schloss, with NAI Horizon, represented the tenant.
- Mamas Amore LLC leased 3,511 square feet at 12130 N. Dove Mountain Blvd. Jayme Fabe, along with NAI Horizon, represented the tenant.
- The McCallister Co. leased 2,220 square feet at Plaza Palomino, 2920 N. Swan Road. Ben Craney, Andrew Sternberg and Phil Skillings, along with NAI Horizon, represented both parties.
- Spencer Discount Sales LLC leased 2,119 square feet to 3955 E. Speedway from Central Point Business Plaza LP. Rob Tomlinson and Greg Furrier, with Picor, represented the landlord, and Jon O’Shea, with Vast Commercial Real Estate, represented the tenant.
- Santa Fe Leather Repair & Retail Inc. leased 1,184 square feet at Rancho Vistoso Mall, 12925 N. Oracle Road. Dave Dutson and Ben Craney, along with NAI Horizon, represented the owner.
- Subway Real Estate Corp. LLC leased 900 square feet at 4768 E. Sunrise Drive from Sunrise Village Investors LLC. Dave Hammack, along with Picor, represented the owner in the transaction.